O gauge small GWR signal box and interior
Download PDF file of this guide
- GWR Signal box B 70-13L with LCC 73-31 balcony added and hipped roof build with BM 70-00. Floor cut out from LCC 74-48 to match the size of stock floor from the kit (to get wood plank effect).
- Painted in approximation to the Blue Anchor Station signal box in Somerset
- Build time approx 12 hours
- Painting time approx 18 hours
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- Superglue for painted parts
- Everbuild contact adhesive for glazing
- Railmatch acrylic 2423 mixed with Railmatch acrylic 2424 in ration 9 to 1. Painted in two coats on the brickwork
- Humbrol enamel 32 used for engineering bricks.
- Brick base model without windows sprayed with generous coat of Paint factory yacht varnish.
- Railmatch acrylic 2122 used undiluted for mortar. Applied generously, wiped into all of the mortar lines then wiped off with kitchen cloth.
- Signal box inside painted with Phoenix Precision Paints P21. Light Stone and Humbrol enamel 186.
- Windows painted with Railmatch enamel 421 matt white.
- Window frames painted with Phoenix Precision Paints P22. dark stone.
- Top windows woodwork and doors painted with Phoenix Precision Paints P21. Light Stone
- Staircase and balcony painted with Phoenix Precision Paints P21. and P22.
- Staircase, balcony, and windows painted with paint factory matt clear varnish (Can says its matt but it gives satin finish which is what I wanted)
- Floor cut out of LCC 74-48 and painted with Humbrol Enamel 94
- Roof put together with modified LCC 73-27 combined with two LCC 73-28. Roof tiles made with BM 70-00 roof painted sprayed with Halfords grey primer as base coat. Matt black thinned down and applied to the roof to darken it then wiped off.
- Interior modified by lowering the shelf and shortening levers. Interior painted with various enamel paints by Humbrol, Revell, Railmatch, and Phoenix precision.
- Chimney painted the same way as walls. Sprinkled with black weathering powder and sealed with matt varnish.